Terms & Conditions
Green Magpie Terms and Conditions
We require the full payment (including Postage + Packaging) of your order value upon placing your order. You may pay by credit/debit card, PayPal or bacs.
Cancellations and refunds
Please refer to our Return & Refund policy here.
Terms & Conditions for the sale of Green Magpie on the Internet.
- Any order from a customer for a product sold on Green Magpie is deemed to constitute acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
- Prices are determined by reference to Green Magpie price list current at the date of acceptance of the order by Green Magpie.
- All prices given by Green Magpie include VAT at 20% where applicable.
- Every effort is made to display the prices accurately. However, on rare occasions, mistakes happen. In this instance Green Magpie will correct the mistake and inform the Customer so that they can decide whether to continue with the order at the correct price.
- Green Magpie acknowledge orders on the understanding that delivery is subject to availability. Should an item not be available, the customer will be informed and an alternative offered.
- Any dates quoted for delivery of orders are approximate only and Green Magpie shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the orders however caused. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence unless previously agreed by Green Magpie in writing.
- If Green Magpie fails to deliver the order for any reasons other than any cause beyond Green Magpie's reasonable control or the Customer's fault and Green Magpie is liable to the Customer, Green Magpie's liability shall be limited to the invoice price of the goods.
- The Customer shall upon delivery, examine the goods and shall promptly (but in any event within 15 days of delivery) notify Green Magpie of any apparent damage, defect or shortage. In default of such written notification, Green Magpie shall be deemed conclusively to have properly performed its obligations in relation to the purchase and sale of the goods. All illustrations, designs and general descriptions contained on the Green Magpie website or otherwise provided to the customer are intended for general guidance only and shall not be binding on Green Magpie and are only approximate indications of the type, size or colour of goods and are intended to represent a general idea of the goods described therein and the sales of such goods shall not be reference thereto. The customer shall take the goods at his own risk as to their corresponding with such examples or as to their quality, condition or sufficiency for any purpose.
- In the event of a claim, settlement will be limited to the value of the goods defectively produced and will in no way extend to consequential loss, howsoever caused.
- Risk of damage to or loss of the goods shall pass to the customer at the time of delivery or, if the customer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the goods at the time when Green Magpie had tendered delivery of the goods.
- Green Magpie shall not be liable to the customer or be deemed in breach of the agreement by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform any of Green Magpie's obligations in relation to the goods, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond Green Magpie's reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing the following shall be regarded as causes beyond Green Magpie's reasonable control:
- Act of God, explosion, flood tempest, fire or accident
- War or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition.
- Acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of governmental, parliamentary or local authority
- Import or export regulations or embargoes
- Strikes, lock-outs or any other industrial actions or trade disputes (whether involving employees of Green Magpie or of a third party)
- Difficulties in obtaining raw materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery.
- Power failure or breakdown in machinery.
- Any dispute, claims or proceedings of whatever nature between Green Magpie and the Customer in connection with or arising out of the validity, construction or performance of this agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of The High Court of England and Wales, to which both parties irrevocably submit.
- The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by English Law.
- Where applicable, the customer is entitled to at most, one coupon code use per order. Different coupon codes cannot be used in conjunction with each other, unless explicitly stated by Green Magpie.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.